Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Birch Press Prism Die, Part two


Welcome back to my blog.  Today I’m sharing more cards made with the Birch Press Prism Die.  If you missed the first card I made, you can read that post here.  
When I finished the first card I had a “frame” left over after I removed all the washi covered die cut pieces.  It seemed a shame to just throw it away, so I trimmed away the edges, close to the frame.  I adhered this to the left side of a 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” piece of So Silk Beauty Pink.  I adhered this to a piece of 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” textured pink cardstock and then adhered this to a white A2 card.


I chose a Magenta stamp for the sentiment.  The large “Happy Birthday” (07.975.I) is another stamp designed by Sally Penley, the talented calligrapher.  I stamped and embossed the image on a piece of white cardstock using Charming Pink VersaFine Clair ink and clear embossing powder.  I die cut it with the 2 ¾” Oval die from the Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity Dies.  I adhered this to a piece of textured pink cardstock that I cut with the 3” die from this set.  On the back of the ovals I adhered a piece of fun foam that was cut with the 2 ¾” die and then placed this on the front of the card.  I added a few gemstones for a bit of sparkle.

I was kind of on a roll with this die so as you can see by the photo, I made several cards. 

Card #2 (center, top row):  Die cut a piece of 4/14” x 5 ½” red linen cardstock with the Birch Press Prism die (#57185.)  Cut a piece of Elizabeth Craft double sided tape slightly smaller than the red cardstock and adhere to the back.  Place the piece on a coffee filter and cover with White Elizabeth Craft Microfine Blitter.  Brush off the excess and burnish well, then adhere to the front of a white A2 card.  Stamp “Joy” and “To the World” from the Poppy Stamps “Tidings of Joy” set (CL467) with VersaMark ink on white cardstock.  Emboss both with Judkins Cherry Twinkle embossing powder (or other sparkly embossing powder.)  Die cut the “Joy” with the coordinating die and trim the “To the World” to 3/8” x 1 ¾”.  Adhere both to the front of the card using small pieces of foam tape.  Add clear sequins.

Card #3 (right, top row):  Die cut a piece of 4/14” x 5 ½” white textured cardstock with the Birch Press Prism die (#57185) and adhere to the front of a dark blue A2 card.  Stamp and emboss Magenta large “Happy Birthday” (06.975.I) using VersaFine Majestic Blue ink and clear embossing powder.  Die cut with 2 ¾” oval die from the Hero Arts Nesting Oval Infinity dies.  Cut a piece of dark blue oval with a 3” oval die from the same set.  Adhere a piece of fun foam to the back of the ovals and adhere to the front of the card.  Add clear gemstones for some sparkle.

Card #4 (left, bottom row):  Die cut a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of red linen cardstock with the Birch Press Prism die (#57185).  Cut a piece of Elizabeth Craft double sided tape slightly smaller than the red cardstock and adhere to the back.  Place the piece on a coffee filter and cover with Light Gold Elizabeth Craft Microfine Glitter.  Brush off the excess and burnish well.  Adhere to the front of an A2 card.  Adhere a piece of double-sided tape to a piece of white cardstock slightly larger than a 2 ¾” oval die.  Remove the cover sheet, cover with Light Gold glitter, brush off the excess and burnish well.  Die cut with the 2 ¾" oval die.   On a separate piece of red linen cardstock, stamp Magenta “Merry Christmas” (07.989.G) with VersaMark ink and emboss with detail gold embossing powder.  Die cut with the 2 ½” oval die, adhere to the gold oval.  Adhere a piece of fun foam to the back of the ovals and adhere to the front of the card.

Card #5 (right, bottom row):  Same as the main “Happy Birthday” card sample except use Magenta medium “Thank You” (07.979.G) for the sentiment.  The sentiment is stamped with Charming Pink VersaFine ink and embossed with clear embossing powder on white cardstock, then die cut with the Hero Arts Nesting Ovals 2 ¼” oval.  Its adhered to a piece of textured pink cardstock cut with the 2 ½” oval die.
I really had a lot of fun with this die and I love how it combines so well with Sally Penley’s stamps from Magenta.  I plan on using this die for more Christmas cards this season.  I hope you will give it a try, too.
Thanks for visiting my blog!   

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam