Saturday, October 27, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Pam and Dianne - Artist Training Coins


07.1009.J
Welcome back to Magenta Super Saturday.  Today I’m doing another joint post with Dianne Johnson featuring Magenta’s new ATCoins.  You can see our post on the Magenta blog here and you can see all of Dianne’s coins on her blog here.

Have you signed up for the ATCoin swap yet?  I think it will be so much fun to receive these coins in the mail from someone I’ve never met.  There are still a few days left to sign up and you can read about the whole swap here.  I’ve been having so much fun with these coins – they are really kind of addictive. 

I continued my Christmas theme on my next two coins.
I started by sprinkling Lagoon, Raspberry, Turquoise and Jade Nuance powder on the smooth side of watercolor paper and the spraying with water.  I purposely left some white spaces.

When the paper was dry, I positioned “Peace, Love and Joy”, a stamp from Magenta’s new stamp collection, on an area of the paper that contained some white space.  Before stamping I used anti-static powder over the surface of the paper.  Then I stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Judikins Detail Gold embossing powder.  I die cut the image with a 2 ½” circle die.  I ran the edge of the coin across the VersaMark ink pad and then embossed the edge with gold embossing powder.

I stamped the coin stamp on a separate piece of cardstock and die cut it with a 2 ½” die.  I colored with Prismacolor pencils and then outlined the flowers and stems with a gel pen.  I adhered it to the back of the Nuance piece after the gel pen dried.
For my next coin, I used “Joy”, another beautiful Sally Penley calligraphy stamp from Magenta’s new collection.  

I used my MISTI to stamp it on a piece of white cardstock with VersaFine Toffee ink.  When it was thoroughly dry, I highlighted the white space around the sentiment with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  

I positioned the stencil above the sentiment then applied Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress ink.  

I moved the stencil to the bottom of the sentiment and colored again.  

After the ink dried I used green Prismacolor pencils to add additional colors to the leaves.  I used Peacock Green (PC907), Grass Green (PC909) and Apple Green (PC912).  I also used Crimson Red (PC924) on the berries.  I used anti-static powder on the image and then put in back in my MISTI.  I re-stamped “Joy” over the original image with VersaMark and embossed with Wow Metallic Copper embossing powder.  (I embossed after inking the stencils, so ink wouldn’t distort the sparkle of the embossing powder.)  I die cut the image using a 2 ½” circle die. I also highlighted the edge of the coin by running the edge across the VersaMark pad and then embossing with the copper embossing powder.


For the back of the coin, I stamped the ATCoin stamp on a piece of white cardstock.  I colored with Prismacolor pencils and highlighted with a gel pen.  I die cut it with 2 ½” die and adhered it to the stenciled piece.  For the last step, I used Christmas Red Stickled on the berries around "Joy" which added some sparkle.

The coins work well for almost any image, large or small.  You don’t have to put the whole image on the coin; they look great with a portion of the image on the coin, too.  I hope you will give it a try and consider joining the swap.


Magenta products used:
07.990.G

 
TM256

MNU001
MNU004
MNU007
 Other products used:
Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn)
Prismacolor Pencils
Stickles
Judikins Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Wow Metallic Copper Embossing Powder







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam