Friday, February 15, 2019

Magenta Super Saturday - Happy Birthday




Welcome back to Super Saturday.  I need to make a bunch of birthday cards for family and friends who have birthdays in the coming weeks.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.

I have always loved the vertical Happy Birthday stamp so I paired it with the Floral Tile stamp to create this card.
 

I patted light colors of Distress Oxide inks on my craft mat (Antique Linen, Tumble Glass and Bundled Sage) and sprayed liberally with pearly water (Perfect Pearls mixed in water.)  I dabbed two pieces of heavyweight white cardstock onto the ink, dried it with my heat gun and repeated until I had the coverage I wanted.  I did both pieces at the same time because I wanted the colors to be similar on both.

When the cardstock was dry, I used my MISTI and VersaClair Oasis Green ink to stamp the cardstock with the Floral Tile stamp. 
I colored the images with a variety of Prismacolor pencils, then returned it to my MISTI in the same position.  
I stamped again with VersaMark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the happy birthday on the second piece of cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder.


I trimmed the pieces down and adhered them to a piece of Fair Blue So Silk cardstock and then to the front of an A2 card.  I added a few accents with Nuvo Morning Dew drops.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Magenta Products Used:
R.0427 Floral Tile

07.430.I Happy Birthday


Other Products Used:
VersaFine Clair Green Oasis
VersaMark
Prismacolor Pencils (Pale Sage, PC 1089; Peacock Green, PC907; Spring Green, PC913; Magenta, PC930; Crimson Lake, PC925; Mulberry, PC 995; Deco Pink, PC 1014; Lilac, PC 956; Parma Violet, PC1008; Yellowed Orange, PC1002; Spanish Orange, PC1003; Orange, PC 918; Pale Vermillion, PC921)



2 comments:

  1. These are so bright and pretty, and I love the intense colors you got on the flowers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam