Monday, July 30, 2018


Hi there!  Welcome back to my blog where I’m sharing my second card as a Magenta Guest Designer which you can also see on their blog here.



For this card I used two Magenta stamps that were released several years ago but they are a couple of my favorite stamps.  The vertical “Happy Birthday” is very useful with many different stamps and the floral tile stamp looks beautiful when colored with watercolors, Copic markers, or colored pencils.

To create this card, I stamped the “Floral Tile” stamp and the “Happy Birthday” stamps on two separate pieces of smooth, black cardstock with VersaMark ink. I also used a VersaMark Pen to add small dots of ink around the “Happy Birthday” image, somewhat like the dots around the flowers on the “Floral Tile” stamp.  Next, I heat embossed the images with detail gold embossing powder.


I used the Finetec Pearlescent Watercolors for the flowers and leaves.  The shimmer of these vivid colors really come to life on dark cardstock.  Since I used cardstock, rather than watercolor paper for this card, I used the water very sparingly. 
After the paint dried, I cut a piece of gold metallic cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼” and adhered it to the front of an A2 card.  I cut the “Happy Birthday” image to 3 ¾” x 1 ½” and the “Floral Tile” image to 3 ¾” x 3 ½” and adhered them to the gold cardstock.   


 Magenta Products Used
R.0427

07.430.I

Other Products Used:
Finetec Pearlescent Watercolors
VersaMark Ink Pad and Pen
Judikins Detail Gold Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors on this! And that Happy Birthday stamp is one of my faves! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dianne. You probably convinced me to buy that Happy Birthday stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam