Friday, December 7, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday - Doodled Poinsettia



Welcome back to my blog.  I have a fun card for “Super Saturday with Pam” which you can also see on the Magenta blog here.  Today I made a card that features one of my favorite Magenta holiday stamps, the Doodled Poinsettia.  It was designed a couple of years ago by my good friend and fellow Magenta design team member, Dianne Johnson. 
I stamped the “Doodled Poinsettia” on a piece of Neenah white cardstock using VersaMark and then embossed it with gold detail embossing powder.  Next, I colored it with Tombow markers 703,757, and 847.  I started with the lighter color in the center moving out to the darker colors at the outer edges.  After the markers dried, I colored over the poinsettia with a Wink of Stella pen for some added shimmer.  I used a 3” circle die to cut out the image.  I also cut a 3 ¼” circle from gold metallic cardstock, then placed the poinsettia on top. 
I stamped “Peace, Love, Joy” with VersaFine Clair Green Oasis ink then embossed with clear embossing powder on a 4” x 5 ½” piece of Neenah white cardstock.  I created a mask of the sentiment by stamping on a Post-it note and cutting it out.  I placed the mask over the stamped sentiment and then splattered red and gold paint on it.  

Before it dried I covered the panel with Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and heat set it.  You must do this right away for the embossing powder to stick but it adds so much sparkle to the front of the card.  You can really see the sparkle in person but unfortunately it doesn't photograph as well.

For the embellishment in the center I stamped “Joy” on a piece of clear shrink plastic with green Stazon ink, cut it out and then heated with a heat gun to shrink it.  You want to cut as closely to the stamped image as possible, however on clear plastic the background disappears once you put the embellishment on the card.
To assemble the card, I adhered a piece of 4 ¼” x 5 ½” green textured cardstock to the front of an A2 card.  I wrapped some gold twine to the bottom of the white panel and adhered that to the front of the green panel.  I adhered the poinsettia to a 3” circle of fun foam and adhered it to the card.  I used a couple of glue dots to adhere the Joy embellishment in the center of the poinsettia.  Then I added a few jewels for a bit more bling.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Magenta Products Used:
44.012.L Doodled Poinsettia

07.990.G Peace Love Joy


Other Products Used:

Tombow Markers (Port Red (757); Pink Rose (703); Crimson (847))
VersaFine Clair Ink Green Oasis
VersaMark
Judikins Detail Gold Embossing Powder
Judikins Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
Stazon Ink
Shrink Plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam