Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas!



Welcome back to my blog.  I know this is a busy time of year but I hope you have had some time for fun, also.  The Magenta Design Team has a treat for you today.  Everyone collaborated on a joint post of Christmas cards which you can see here.  


For the card I contributed to the post, I used the Magenta Poinsettia Border stamp.  I this is one of my favorite stamps from their 2018 release.  
I cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼” and placed it in my MISTI.  I positioned the stamp so it was aligned near the top of the cardstock, then stamped with VersaFine Toffee ink.  I rotated the cardstock 180 degrees and stamped along the bottom edge of the cardstock.  I left my stamp in my MISTI as I planned to restamp the images after I finished my coloring.  
Next I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils.  When the coloring was complete I put the cardstock back in my MISTI and used an anti-static tool over both images.  I restamped both borders using VersaMark ink and then embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and then embossed with Judikins Cherry Twinkle embossing powder.  I layered the image over a piece of green cardstock and then to an A2 card. 

I stamped several images of the Poinsettia Border on both Kraft and white cardstock and then used them on different cards.  I followed the same technique as above – stamp, color with Prismacolor pencils, then restamp and emboss.

For this card I stamped on Kraft cardstock, colored the image then restamped with VersaFine Clair Green Oasis ink.  I embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used the My Favorite Things Vertical Stitched Strips to cut the panel.  Unfortunately, I found out after I completed my cards that this die set has been discontinued but you can just trim the panel to size with a paper trimmer.  I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back to provide some added dimension to the finished card. 

I stamped “Peace, Love, Joy” with VersaMark on a piece of green cardstock, then embossed with detail gold embossing powder. I adhered the green cardstock to an A2 card and then adhered the stamped image to the green cardstock. 

I created this card the same way, but used a sentiment from Hero Arts Merry Christmas Messages, CL722.


For my last card I stamped on white cardstock and after coloring I restamped with VersaMark and embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  I cut two panels – one with the Poinsettia Border and another for the sentiment.  Rather than using fun foam, I cut strips of gold metallic paper slightly larger than both strips and adhered the white strips on top.  I adhered both pieces to a piece of green cardstock that I had already adhered to an A2 card. 

I really am a big fan of this stamp.  I think it could also be colored with a variety of colors so it could work for year round cards. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.  I hope that you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year filled with happiness, peace and good health.
Magenta Products Used:

02.317.O Poinsettia Border
07.992.I Peace on Earth

07.990.G Peace Love Joy

Other Products Used:
My Favorite Things Vertical Stitched Strips, MFT-482
Prismacolor Pencils
Hero Arts Merry Christmas Messages, CL722
VersaFine Clair Ink Green Oasis
VersaFine Ink Toffee
VersaMark
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
Judikins Cherry Twinkle Embossing Powder

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam