Friday, May 24, 2019

Magenta Super Saturday - Adding Shine with Foil


Welcome back to Super Saturday.  You can also see today’s post on the Magenta blog here
This week I combined the beautiful, new Floral Trio stencil with foil to create a quick and easy birthday card.  I love the shine that foil adds to a card. 

I taped the stencil to a piece of textured white cardstock and applied Deco Foil transfer gel through the stencil.  (The textured cardstock gave a little bit more definition to the flower when the foil was applied.)  I removed the stencil and set it aside to dry.  Be sure to wash your stencil with warm water right away. 


I placed the piece of cardstock on a piece of wax paper to use as a carrier sheet in the laminator.  I cut pieces of teal foil and placed them over the flowers, then cut pieces of gold foil and placed them over the strips between the flowers. 

I ran the piece through the laminating machine, being careful not to move the foil.  I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and embossed with gold embossing powder.

To finish I adhered the piece to a piece of gold cardstock and then to an A2 card and added a few embellishments.

The Floral Trio is just one of the beautiful stencils in the newest Magenta collection and I hope you will try this new technique.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!



Magenta Products Used
TM 299 - Floral Trio

07.975.I - Happy Birthday Large
Other Products Used

Deco Foil Transfer Gel
Deco Foil (Teal, Gold)
VersaMark
Judikins Gold Detail Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Pam, I need to pull out my foil and laminator more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific idea! guess I'll have to order that stencil, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam