Friday, August 23, 2019

Super Saturday with Pam - Celebrating Friendship


Welcome back to Magenta Super Saturday.  For today’s card I’m celebrating the joys of friendship – I made this card for someone who has been my friend for many, many years.  You can also see today's card on the Magenta blog here.

I experimented with the Square Tile stencil, Nuance and Nuvo Glimmer embossing paste.  I used a die to cut a 4” square piece of white, mixed media paper.  Then I cut it in half diagonally.  Since I planned to use embossing paste on the paper, I decided to cut it in half before applying the paste, rather than after it dried.  I wasn’t sure if it would cut smoothly after the paste dried.)  
I taped the triangle to the back of the stencil then applied some sparkly embossing paste, removed the stencil and set it aside to dry.  I immediately washed the stenciling paste off the stencil.

After the paste dried, I tapped small amounts of aquamarine, turquoise and cerulean blue Nuance onto a craft sheet and sprayed lightly with water to create “paint”.  I spritzed the paper very lightly, then used a paint brush to pick up each of the colors and drop it onto the card, between the stenciled areas.  
I did this until the entire piece was covered. 
I ended up getting the color on the stenciled area, so I used a paper towel to blot off the excess color. 

Next I used Distress Oxide Sprays to create a background piece.  I sprayed Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Wilted Violet on another piece of mixed media paper.  I sprayed each color, added a bit of water and heat set.  
I sprayed another layer of color, dried and then added a third layer of color.  
I loved the final result and how the blues and purple blended together.  The color changes when I photograph it - the purples show through a lot in real life and you will see that on some of the other photos.

For the last step, I stamped the sentiment on a circle of cardstock.  I applied some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink around the edge to soften the bright white a bit.

I cut the Distress Oxide piece to 4” x 5 ¼” and the attached the stenciled triangle.  I trimmed the ends of the triangle even with the sides of the cardstock, then adhered to a piece of Glamour Green cardstock and then adhered it to an A2 card.  I adhered a piece of fun foam to the back of the sentiment circle, then adhered to the front of the card.  I added a few gems for a bit more sparkle.

By the way, this sentiment comes in two additional versions – Circle of Friends 1 which you can find here and Circle of Friends 2 which you can find here

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!


Magenta Products Used:
TM302 - Square Tile
Nuance



Other Products Used:
Nuvo Glimmer Paste
Distress Oxide Sprays (Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China, Wilted Violet)
Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass)



4 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam