Friday, October 18, 2019

Super Saturday - Autumn Leaves


Welcome back to Super Saturday.  Have you seen the Autumn and Christmas 2019 release from Magenta?  It is filled with so many great images that I had a hard time selecting something for today’s blog post.  You can see the full collection here.  For today’s card I used the medium and small Maple Leaf plus the “Autumn Paints Leaves” sentiment.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.
I began by placing a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of watercolor paper (smooth side up) in my MISTI.  Then I arranged each leaf stamp in the upper left corner, stamped with VersaMark, then embossed with gold embossing powder.  I returned the paper to my MISTI but flipped it around to stamp in the opposite corner and followed the same process.  I cleaned the stamps after each stamping.  
Next, I repositioned the stamps on my paper, stamped and embossed, then repeated the process until the entire piece of paper was covered.  
When I’m stamping repeatedly like this, I use the paper backing from the stamp to determine the stamp placement.  Just position the papers where you want your stamps, put the stamp on top of the paper then close the lid of your MISTI to pick up the stamps.  Remove the paper backing and stamp. 
I taped the watercolor paper to my work surface to keep it from curling while I painted.  I put bits of Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire Distress inks on my mat, then used a small paintbrush to fill in the background.  Initially I kept the background color very light.  
I let it dry, then followed the same process for the leaves using Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Fired Brick and Candied Apple inks. 
When the leaves had dried I decided the background needed to be darker so I used the blue inks again but this time I used mostly Chipped Sapphire.  I think the darker background created a better contrast with the leaves. 
When the paper was dry, I removed the tape, then cut the piece down and adhered it to a piece of gold cardstock, then adhered that to a white A2 card.  I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock with VersaMark then embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used a bit of Chipped Sapphire ink around the edges.  I adhered the sentiment to a piece of gold cardstock, put some fun foam on the back so it would pop out a bit from the card.  Next I added a few gems for a bit more sparkle. 
I was having so much fun with this stamp that I created two additional cards.  I experimented with mixing different colors of metallic embossing powders together.  Each leaf has a different look because of the mixture of powders.  For these two cards I mixed copper, gold and rose copper embossing powders together.  The different colors show up a bit here but it was hard to capture with the camera.  It definitely shows up in person though.  
I stamped on rust color velvet paper for this card.  The embossing powder really sparkles on this velvet paper!  
For this card I used black So Silk paper which is a heavy cardstock with a bit of shine to it, but not as shiny as a metallic or mirror card paper.

I hope you will check out Magenta’s newest collection.  It is filled with so many beautiful stamps and stencils, to include lots of great images for your holiday cards, too.  (You can find the collection here.)  Just click on "Stamps" or  "Templates and Masks" to see all of the new items.  Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Magenta Products Used:
0801.J Maple Leaf Medium

0800.G Maple Leaf Small


Other Products Used:
Metallic Embossing Powders (Gold, Copper, Rose Gold)
Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, Fired Brick, Candied Apple)
VersaMark Ink
Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Dies
Velvet Paper
So Silk Paper

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pam, I love the different papers you used with your stamping and the colours of your autumn leaves :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam