Friday, June 19, 2020

Summer is here!


Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.


For today’s card I started with a piece of 110# white cardstock cut to 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”.  I couldn’t wait to try the new Distress Ink color, Speckled Egg.  I really love the color and the name describes it perfectly – it’s almost the same color as the eggs one of my daughter-in-law’s chicken lay!   I also really love using blending brushes to apply Distress ink and Distress Oxide inks because you can blend the ink so smoothly.  
First, I used a blending brush to cover the entire surface with Speckled Egg Distress ink.   Next. I applied Broken China Distress ink around all four sides, coming in about ½” from each edge.  Finally, I applied Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink just along the edge of all four sides.  I set it aside to let it dry.
I stamped the Rosa Canina flower on a piece of white cardstock with VersaMark ink and then embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I used I-Crafter i-Brush Ink Blender brushes to apply ink to the image, but you could also use foam finger daubers.  Like the larger blending brushes, the small brushes also allow you to blend the ink very smoothly and with more precision in those small spaces.  I applied Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink to the center, Ripe Persimmon around the middle of the flower and Festive Berries on the outer edges of the flower.  I used a cloth to wipe the ink away from the embossed lines of the flower then cut out the image.  I also used an orange glitter pen to color the stamens of the flower.
I stamped the flower again on a piece of scrap paper, then cut it out, just inside the edges.  I used a little piece of tape to adhere it to the piece of cardstock as a guide for stamping the Swirly Leaves.  I used VersaFine Claire Green Oasis ink and stamped the leaves in opposite corners.  I removed the guide, then embossed the leaves with clear embossing powder.  I adhered the piece to an A2 card, then adhered the flower with foam tape so there was a bit of dimension.  Last, I added a few sequins for a little bit of sparkle.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  I hope you have a fun (and healthy) summer!

Magenta Products Used:
48.020.M - Rosa Canina

85.020.N - Swirly Leaves
Other Products Used:

Distress Inks (Speckled Egg, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries)
VersaFine Clair Ink (Green Oasis)
I-Crafter i-Brush Ink Blending Brushes
Blending Brushes


2 comments:

  1. I love this card! Your colors are amazing, and I love your use of the leaves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam