Friday, July 17, 2020

Magenta Super Saturday - Sparkling Flowers


Welcome back Magenta Super Saturday.  I had so much fun with today’s card so I hope you will enjoy it. You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.
 In addition to using Magenta’s beautiful stencils, I also used a couple of new products – the newest color of Distress Ink called Specked Egg and Stickles Glitter Gel.  I really love the newest color in the Distress ink line.  The Stickles Glitter Gels are filled with glitter and other chunky pieces of metallics that really sparkle. 
I began by cutting a piece of 110# white cardstock to 4 1/8” x 5 ¼” then I used a blending brush to cover the entire piece with Distress Speckled Egg ink.  Next, I applied Distress Broken China around the outer edges, making a border of approximately 1” around the edges.  Finally, I blended Distress Mermaid Lagoon ink along the very outer edges. 


When the cardstock was very dry, I stamped “Happy Birthday” in the center of the card using VersaFine Black Onyx ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the center of the card using an oval stitched die and set the oval piece aside for later.

I taped the Petal Blossoms stencil to the front of the cardstock and blended Distress Wilted Violet over the top. 

I removed the stencil and wiped the excess ink away, then repositioned the stencil on the cardstock.  Using a palette knife, I applied Stickles Solar Flare Glitter Gel over the top. 

I gently lifted the stencil from the paper and placed it and the knife in some warm, soapy water.  I wiped the gel from the edges of the card and set it aside to dry. 
When the gel was dry, I adhered the cardstock to the front of an A2 card. I adhered the oval sentiment to a piece of fun foam and then positioned it in the cutout area of the card. 

I also created a second card using Distress Oxide inks in the same colors.  For the stenciling I used the leaves template from the Floral Background Trio stencil set and Distress Mowed Lawn Oxide Ink and then applied Stickles Supernova Glitter Gel over the top of the stencil.
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Magenta Products Used:
TM334 - Petal Blossoms

TM27 - Trio Templates Floral Background
07.975.I - Happy Birthday Large

Other Products Used:

Distress Ink (Speckled Egg, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Wilted Violet)
Distress Oxide Ink (Speckled Egg, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken China and Wilted Violet)
Ranger Stickles Glitter Gel (Solar Flare and Supernova)
VersaFine Black Onyx Ink


2 comments:

  1. Wow Pam, I love, love, love these! Your colors are beautiful and it's fun to see the Stickles Glitter Gel used. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianne. These cards were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam