Friday, August 6, 2021

Magenta Super Saturday - Rainbow Greetings

 

Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday.  Today I have a card that can be made very quickly.  It was inspired by a Kristina Werner video which you can see here.  I used Karin Watercolor markers, but I also think other water-based markers like Tombow or Zig would work well. You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.  

To begin, I used VersaMark ink to stamp the greeting on a panel of watercolor paper that measured 5 ½” x 4 ¼”.  I embossed the stamped image with Brutus Monroe Gilded gold embossing powder, then taped the panel to my glass mat to prevent it from curling. 
I selected several markers in bright colors.  The colors I used are listed below. 
I colored diagonal stripes in rainbow order across the watercolor panel, leaving a small open space between each color to allow for blending.  To blend the colors, I dipped a 1/2” brush in water, then blotted it off on a towel. 
I started in the upper left corner and brushed over the green and blended it into the yellow.  I rinsed my brush, blotted off the excess water, then painted over the yellow and blended it into the orange. You can always pick up a tiny bit more water on your brush to help the blending process.  If you get too much water on your panel you can always dab it off with a paper towel.  I followed this process with each color, then let the panel dry.  You can also use a heat gun to try the panel if you prefer.
I decided I wanted to make the colors a bit more vibrant, so I added a second layer of color using the same process as above.  You don’t need very much water for the colors to blend.
When the panel was dry, I removed the tape, then used a die to cut the panel to 3 ¾” x 5”.  I also used the same die to cut two pieces of 65# white cardstock to the same size.  I adhered all the pieces together, then adhered them to the front of a white A2 card.  The extra white panels raise the painted image off the card and create a bit of dimension.  I added a few sparkly gems, and the card was complete.
I decided to make some thank you cards and followed the same process except I embossed with Brutus Monroe Alabaster white embossing powder.  The finished card is an A1 or announcement size card – the folded size is 3 ½” x 5”.  It would be easy to make several of these cards at once to have on hand or to make a set of cards to give as a gift. Thanks for visiting my blog today. 

Magenta Items used:

07.999.N - Happy Birthday

07.979.G - Thank You

Other Items Used:

Karin Brushmarker Pro (Grass, Canary, Amber, Magenta Red, Violet Blue, Royal Blue)

VersaMark Ink

Brutus Monroe Gilded Gold Embossing Powder

Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing Powder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam