Friday, September 7, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Pam




This beautiful new extra-large Happy Birthday card is a great stamp for a quick card.  It has a great presence and stamps beautifully.  This card also appears on Magenta's blog today which you can find here.

To create this card, I used my MISTI to stamp the image on a piece of white cardstock cut to 4” x 5 ¼” with the Tsukineko "Spectrum" Kaleidacolor rainbow ink pad.  I cleaned the stamp (without moving in in the MISTI) and then re-inked it with VersaMark ink.  I stamped the image again and then embossed it with Judikins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder.  Since VersaMark is clear, the multi-color from the Kaleidacolor rainbow pad shows through and the embossing powder really makes the sentiment sparkle. 
Next, I lightly flicked gold watercolor paint over the image.

When the paint was dry, I added strips of ¼” double sided tape to the top and bottom of the card panel, leaving the protective paper in place.  Then I added strips of 1/8” double sided tape to the top and bottom of the card panel, also leaving the protective paper in place.

I removed the first protective strip from the tape, placed the panel on a coffee filter and covered the tape with Elizabeth Craft Amethyst Microfine Glitter.  I used a large brush to remove the excess glitter and then burnished it with my finger to make it shine.  I repeated these steps for each strip of tape using green, royal blue and fuchsia glitter.  I chose those colors because they coordinated with the colors of the Spectrum ink pad. 

To finish off the card, I adhered the panel to a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of gold soft finish card stock and then adhered this to the front of an A2 card. 

This was a quick and easy card and I hope you will give it a try.  Magenta also makes an extra large Thank you stamp (07.978.N) that will also work well with this technique as if almost fills the front of an A2 card.  Like the Happy Birthday, the Thank You stamp also features Sally Penley’s beautiful calligraphy.   There are links below to the stamps on Magenta’s web page.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog!
Magenta Products Used:
07.999.N Happy Birthday Extra Large
07.978.N Thank you Extra Large

Other Products Used:

Tsukineko Kaleidacolor Ink Pad, (Spectrum)
Elizabeth Craft Microfine glitter (Amethyst, Green, Royal Blue, Fucshia)
Elizabeth Craft Double side tape (1/4", 1/8")
VersaMark
Judikin's Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder
MISTI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam