Friday, January 24, 2020

Valentine Kitty

Welcome back to Super Saturday.  Today I have a quick card for you and you can also see it on the Magenta blog here. 

I love cats; in fact, my whole family loves cats so I plan to give this card to my granddaughter.  She has a black special needs kitty that she adopted specifically because black cats have a lower adoption rate that other kitties.    

I used a stitched rectangle die to create a frame from a piece of 4 ¼” x 5 ½” white linen cardstock.  I used a blending brush to apply Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress ink around the inner and outer edges of the frame.  I wanted random hearts around the frame so I masked off the "15 Hearts" stencil so I could use just one heart.  Using a blending brush, I applied Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry, through the heart that was masked off.  I placed it in various places around the frame, sometimes using the whole heart and other times letting it run over the edge to make the placement look random.

I used my MISTI to stamp the "Cat on a Heart" stamp with VersaFine Black Onyx ink on a piece of white cardstock then colored it with Prismacolor pencils.  I returned it to my MISTI, stamped again with VersaMark ink then embossed with clear embossing powder.  This made the markings on the kitty stand out a little better.  

I put foam tape on the back of the frame and then centered it over the cat image.  I adhered this to an A2 card.  I added a few sequins and some glossy accents on the heart. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  

Magenta Products Used:
08.093.H - Cat on Heart

TM210 - 15 Hearts
Other Products Used:
Distress Ink (Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry)
Prismacolor Pencils
VersaMark Ink
VersaFine Black Onyx Ink
Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam