Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year

Happy New Year.  I hope the coming year brings you peace, happiness and good health.  I decided to use a peace sentiment for my card as I hope that our world returns to normal in 2021.  My card is part of a collaborative blog post by the Magenta Design Team.  You can see all of their beautiful cards here.

I lined up the Egret in Reeds and Peace stamp in my stamping tool, then stamped the two images using VersaFine Black Onyx ink on a piece of 110# white cardstock.  I love to stamp with this ink because it stamps a very crisp image but you can also emboss it.  After stamping, I embossed both images with clear embossing powder.  
After embossing, I blended Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon on the image with a blending brush.  I left some areas lighter than others to accent the bird and the sentiment.
To finish off, I trimmed down to the piece to approximately 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" with a deckle trimmer.  Then I blended Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire around the edges.  I cut a piece of fun foam for the back of the image and adhered it to the front of a white, A2 card.  

Magenta Products Used:
07.991.H - Peace

0763.M - Egret in Reeds

Other Products Used:

Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire)
VersaMark
VersaFine Black Onyx
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam