Friday, December 11, 2020

Magenta Super Saturday - Holiday Peace

Welcome back to Magenta Super Saturday – thank you for visiting.  Today I have a fun Christmas card which you can also see on the Magenta blog here.  After stamping with Distress ink, I used Tombow markers to enhance the image.

I began by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”.  I used a blending brush to cover the cardstock with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.  Next, I blended Salty Ocean Distress Oxide around the outer edge, approximately 1” from each side.  Last, I blended Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide along the very edge of the cardstock.  I set the piece aside to dry thoroughly because the next step involves embossing powder.  An easy way to see if the ink has dried thoroughly is to sprinkle some embossing powder on it, then tap it off.  If the powder sticks, the ink isn't dry. 

After the cardstock was dry, I placed it in my MISTI and used my powder tool liberally over the entire surface.  I positioned the Leafy Wreath stamp on the cardstock, then used Bundled Sage Distress Ink to stamp it.  I used this light color so because it wouldn't overpower the red shades I planned to use on the berries in the second step of this technique.) I left the stamp and cardstock in place and used Tombow markers directly on the stamp (all the colors are listed below.)  The MISTI is a great tool for this technique because you can stamp repeatedly until you are happy with the color on your image.  
I began by using red shades on the berries – I colored the berries on the stamp, then stamped and repeated until I was happy with the color of the berries.  
I followed the same process for the leaves by coloring the leaves with three different shades of green. I began with a light green and then added dark green accents.  I did a few leaves at a time until I was happy with the results. 

Leaving the stamp in the MISTI, I cleaned it thoroughly, then used Versamark to stamp the wreath again on top of the colored image.  I embossed the wreath with clear embossing powder. The embossing powder really made the colors darker and deeper.  I positioned the sentiment stamp in the center, stamped with VersaMark, then embossed with gold embossing powder.  To finish, I made a mask of the stamp, placed it over the wreath then splattered gold paint over the open areas. 

To finish, I layered the card front on a piece of gold cardstock, then adhered the panel to an A2 card.  This technique works great with solid stamps like this where you want to use more than one color on the image.

I hope you and your loved ones have a happy and healthy holiday season. 

 Magenta Products Used:
02.315.P - Leafy Wreath

07.990.G - Peace Love Joy

Other Products Used:
Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire)
Distress Ink (Bundled Sage)
VersaMark Ink
Judikins Embossing Powder (Clear and Gold)
Tombow Markers (Cherry (#815); Crimson (#847); Light Green (#195); Dark Green (#277); Sap Green (#245))



2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam