Friday, February 11, 2022

Embossing on Vellum

Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday. I have a quick card for you today.  This started as a Valentine but I changed my mind about the sentiment and will be sending this card to my aunt who is recuperating from surgery. You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.

I stamped the Flourishing Heart and Butterfly stamp on a piece of lightweight vellum paper (4 ¼” x 5 ½”) with VersaMark ink.  I used 24# vellum and it also has some little sprinkles of glitter on it which just adds to the background interest for the card. 

I added gold embossing powder and used my heat tool to slowly melt the powder.  The key to embossing vellum without warping the paper is to let your heat tool warm up for about thirty seconds then keep the tool moving back and forth across the image and switching to the front and back of the paper until the powder melts.  I stamped the Sending Hugs sentiment in the lower right corner and embossed it with gold embossing powder. 

I pulled some alcohol ink backgrounds from my stash to use under the vellum.  I cut the background to 4 ¼” x 5 ½” then adhered it to the front of an A2 card.   
I put a piece of 1/8” double sided tape on the left side of the vellum piece and then lined it up on the alcohol ink piece.  To hide the tape section of vellum I cut a strip of gold cardstock and adhered it to the left side of the vellum.  I added a few sequins and then on the backside of the vellum, I added small dots of glue to help hold the vellum in place.  You can also add a few drops of glue under some of the embossed areas. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today. 

Magenta Products Used:

07.971.F - Sending Hugs

40.345.N - Flourishing Heart and Butterfly

Other Products Used:

VersaMark Ink

Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder

 


1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam