Friday, March 11, 2022

Magenta Super Saturday - Spring Flowers

Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday. Today’s card features a technique I haven’t used in a long time.  I used my Tombow marker to apply ink to the stamp, then stamping. You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.

I started with a piece of white cardstock already cut to the finished size of 4” x 5 ¼”.  I positioned the Floral Burst stamp in my Misti, along with the Happy birthday sentiment. 

I began by coloring the flowers with an orange marker, then stamping.  I colored the stamp again with a darker orange and added shading with a red marker, then stamped again.  I repeated this process until the flowers were the color I wanted.  All of the colors I used are listed below. I followed the same process with the leaves and flower centers.  I stamped the sentiment using Pine Needles Distress ink. 
I cleaned the stamps thoroughly, re-inked with VersaMark, then stamped again.  I embossed with clear embossing powder which really makes the colors pop.  I used a blending brush to add a small amount of Antique Linen Distress ink around the outer edges. 
For the last step I masked the stamped images, then used Shabby Shutters Distress ink to stamp the Onion Stems stamp randomly in the background.  I adhered the panel to the front of an A2 card. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today. 

Magenta Products Used:

07.305.G - Happy Birthday

14.664.P - Floral Burst

14.677.K - Onion Stems

Other Products Used:

Distress Inks (Shabby Shutters, Antique Linen, Pine Needles)

Tombow Markers (925, Scarlet; 845, Carmine; 933, Orange; 025, Light Orange; 173, Willow Green; 195, Light Green; 277, Dark Green)

VersaMark Ink

Judikins Clear Embossing Powder

1 comment:

  1. Pam I love this! Your colors are beautiful and I love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam