Friday, October 19, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Pam and Dianne - Artist Trading Coins

07.1009.J Artist Trading Coin

Hi everyone.  Welcome back to my blog. 

Magenta has introduced something new to the world of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and it’s an Artist Trading Coin.  It's a 2 ½” circle and the stamp shown above fits perfectly on the back.  Magenta is also organizing an ATCoin swap.  The idea is that you will create four different coins.  Magenta will assign “partners” so we can mail the ATCoins to each other.  You can read more about the swap and sign up here.

Today I’m am so excited to be doing a joint post with Dianne Johnson to premier the first round of coins.  You can see all four of our coins on the Magenta blog here You can see Dianne’s step by step process for creating her first two coins (as well as her other amazing cards!) on her blog hereWe’ll be doing another joint post next Saturday.

I had lots of fun making these new coins.  You don’t need to have a theme but since the holidays are right around the corner, I decided on a Christmas theme.  I really like the Christmas stamps and stencils in the new Magenta collection so I thought it would be fun to use them on the coins.

For my first coin I used a stamp positioner to stamp the Floral Mandala on a piece of white cardstock with VersaFine Toffee ink then colored with various red and green Prismacolor pencils.  I put the cardstock back in the stamp positioner and restamped the Mandala with VersaMark ink, then embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  

I die cut the image with a 2” circle die.  Next, I die cut a piece of textured gold card stock with a 2 ½” die, then cut the center of the gold cardstock with a 2” die to form a frame for the Mandala.  (I created a frame rather than just layering them to reduce bulk for mailing.)  I stamped the ATCoin on a piece of white cardstock, then colored with Prismacolor pencils. For a bit of sparkle, I outlined the flowers and stems with a clear gel pen.  I cut out the circle with a 2 ½ “ die, put the Mandala in the gold frame and adhered them to the back of the coin.  I added a dot of glossy accents to the center of the Mandala. 


For my second coin I stamped the “3 Poinsettias” twice with VersaMark and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I colored each flower with red and yellow Pearlescent Pan Pastels.  I stamped and embossed “Season’s Greetings” with gold embossing powder on a piece of white cardstock, then used a 2 ½” circle die to cut it out with the greeting toward the bottom of the coin.  I colored the circle with light blue and purple Pearlescent Pan Pastels.


I cut out the smallest poinsettias (the one on the bottom left of the stamp) then positioned the flowers on the coin.  When I liked the arrangement, adhered them with some Gina K Connect Glue.  When the glue was dry I trimmed them to the shape of the circle.  I created another coin back and adhered it to the back.  I added some Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops to the flower centers.
These are the ATCoins for the back.

I’ll be back next Saturday with two more coins.  I hope you will sign up for the ATCoin swap.  Thanks for stopping by!

Magenta Products Used:
07.1009.J Artist Trading Coin

14.670.P Floral Mandala

02.318.Q 3 Poinsettias - 3 Flowers





Other products used:
Prismacolor Pencils, Pearlescent Pan Pastels, Glossy Accents, Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops, Gina K Connect Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam