Friday, October 5, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Pam




Hi everyone.  I’m back with a quick and easy card that features stamps from the new Magenta release.  I love the large and small Rosa Canina stamps!  They are so versatile and can be used with many different mediums.  My card also appears on the Magenta blog today and you can see it here.

This was actually the second card I made with this technique.  When I was making the first one, I completely forgot to take any pictures for the blog.  I needed a birthday card for a friend so made it again and remembered to take pictures this time.  I’ll post a picture of the first card at the end of this post.  
To begin, I cut a piece of white linen cardstock to 5 ¼” x 4” and placed it in my MISTI.  I stamped the Magenta Large Happy Birthday on the bottom center of the card with Charming Pink VersaFine Clair ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  (I stamped the sentiment first to be sure to be sure I didn’t take up too much space on the card with the flower images.)
Next I created a mask by stamping the large Rosa Canina stamp on a Post-it Note and then cutting it out.  I aligned the large stamp in the center top of the card and allowed a small part of the top edge to hang off the top.  I stamped again with Charming Pink Versafine Clair Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  

When the embossing powder was cool, I put the card back in my MISTI and placed the mask over the large flower image.  I positioned the small Rosa Canina on the left side of the masked image, stamped and embossed.  I repeated the image for the small flower on the right.  
I used an orange Prismacolor pencil for the flower stamens on all three images.  I adhered the card front to a piece of Sol Silk Beauty Pink paper cut to approximately 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” inches (just slightly smaller than an A2 card so that only a small amount of the white card is visible.)  I adhered both to a white A2 card and added a few gemstones for sparkle.
This is the first card I made with these two beautiful stamps.  I used VersaFine Blue Belle ink and the Magenta “Warm Thoughts” sentiment.  
You can find all of these stamps at the Magenta Store, here.  Thanks for visiting my blog!
Magenta Products Used:
48.020.M Rosa Canina Large
48.019.I Rosa Canina Small

07.975.I Happy Birthday Large
07.973.G Warm Thoughts

Other Products Used:
VersaFine Clair Ink (Charming Pink/Blue Belle)
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
PrismaColor Pencils
MISTI





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam