Friday, June 14, 2019

Super Saturday with Pam – Spring Flowers


Welcome back to Super Saturday.  I love using Distress Oxide Inks and colored pencils on kraft cardstock because the colors really pop.  I combined both this week, along with a stencil and stamp from the Magenta Spring Collection.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.


I embossed Magenta stencil TM309 with my Big Shot die cutting machine.  The recipe is base plate open to Tab 1, base cutting plate, rubber embossing mat, cardstock, stencil, cutting plate. 

Depending on your machine, you may also need to add a shim to get enough pressure to emboss the stencil design on the cardstock.
I taped the cardstock to the stencil, the used a blending brush to apply Distress Oxide inks, overlapping the colors slightly to blend the colors. 
I removed the stencil and set the piece aside to dry.

On another piece of kraft cardstock I stamped the Magenta stamp (#14.676) with VersaFine Sepia ink in my MISTI and left the stamp in place.  I colored the image with various Prismacolor pencils.  I ran my powder tool over the image then put the cardstock back in the MISTI. I stamped again with VersaMark ink, then embossed with gold embossing powder.

I masked off the stamped floral image then splattered gold ink over the piece. After the ink dried I wrapped gold thread around the opposite corners several times. 

To assemble the card I adhered the stenciled image to a piece of Glamour Green So Silk cardstock and adhered them to an A2 card.  I adhered the stamped image to a piece of Glamour Green So Silk cardstock, then adhered them to the card. 

This technique with stencils is so versatile.  I hope that you will give it a try.  Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Magenta Products Used:
Stencil TM309
Stamp 14.676

Other Products Used:
Distress Oxide Ink (Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet)
Prismacolor pencils (Grass Green PC909; Spring Green PC913, Dark Green PC908, Magenta PC930, Carmine Red, PC926, Rose PC929, PaleVermilion PC921, Lemon Yellow PC915)
VersaMark Ink
Judikins Detail Gold Embossing Powder

2 comments:

  1. wow Pam such a beautiful card. I love the embossed colouring and that wonderful velum stamping :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam