Friday, July 12, 2019

Super Saturday with Pam – Floral Encouragement


Welcome back to Super Saturday. I needed to make some encouragement cards and this sentiment from Magenta has always been one of my favorites.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here
I started by using my MISTI to stamp the Sketch Blossom on a piece of white cardstock with VersaFine Black Onyx ink.  Without moving the stamp, I rotated the paper and stamped again.  I repeated this process again so I had a total of three stamped images for each card. 
I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils.  I used yellow and oranges for the flowers on one card and pinks and reds for the petals on the other card.  
I wanted to re-stamp and emboss over the original image to define the lines of the flower.  I used an anti-static powder tool on the images because the embossing powder will sometimes stick to the colored pencil.  I returned the cardstock to the MISTI the stamped each image with VersaMark ink.  I embossed with gold embossing powder on the yellow flowers and silver embossing powder on the red flowers, then used detail scissors to cut out the images.
For the background I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock with Sepia VersaFine ink then embossed with clear embossing powder. 
I placed a mask over the sentiment then lightly splattered with yellow, orange and gold watercolor paints.  I used pink, red and silver watercolor paints for the background for the red flowers. I let both pieces dry well.
I adhered the yellow background to a piece of yellow cardstock, then adhered it to a white A2 card.  After cutting out the flowers with detail scissors, I arranged them onto the background.  I used foam tape to adhere them to the front of the card.  Since the flowers extended over the edge of the yellow card, I trimmed them with scissors but I forgot to take a picture of that step.
For the second card I used a piece of dark pink cardstock and arranged the flowers so they fit within the edges of the card.


Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Magenta Products Used 
14.675.L Sketchy Blossom

Other Products Used

Prismacolor Pencils
VersaMark Ink
VersaFine Ink (Black Onyx, Sepia)
Gold, Silver, Clear Embossing Powder

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pam, wonderful pencil colouring of the flowers and I love your splatter background it's the perfect frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam