Sunday, December 22, 2019

A Gnome Christmas

I love the new Gnome dies from Simon Says Stamp.  My friend Dianne Johnson loaned hers to me and I've made many of the Large Gnomes (SSSD112037) and the Lil Gnomes (SSD112101).  They make great additions to cards and they also make great gift tags.  Dianne Johnson has a great post on her blog using Mini Masterpieces and you can see her post here. The gnomes are so much fun.  You can mix and match their hats and coats.  I used velvet for some of them and ran their hats through a snowflake embossing folders.  The velvet embosses beautifully, but it didn't show up well in the photograph.  I used a Copic marker E11, Barely Beige for the nose, and C-0, Cool Gray around the outer edges of the beard.

I added the large gnomes to Christmas cards.  I applied Nuvo Glimmer paste through the Greetery's Frosty Flakes stencil onto a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4".  I also used the Greetery's Drifting Dies two cut two layers of snow for the bottom of the card from white cardstock.  This die also embosses snow swirls into the paper.  I used a blending brush to apply a bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the edges of the snow layers then used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to accent those swirls.  I also stamped a Magenta Merry Christmas sentiment on the bottom of the front snow layer.

To assemble the card, I adhered a piece of silver matte cardstock to the front of and A2 card, then adhered the stenciled piece.  I adhered the "back" snow layer, then adhered the gnome and the front snow layer.  I added a few sequin snowflakes and added a drop of Nuvo White Blizzard in the center of each sequin.

For my second card I used a blending brush to add a small amount of Tumbled Glass Distress ink on a piece of white cardstock that had been cut to 4" x 5 1/4".  I just wanted a touch of blue as the background to snow.  I ran this piece through a Renke Snowflake embossing folder.  Using the Greetery's Drifting dies, I cut two drifts of snow then embossed them with snowflakes.  I also shaded them lightly with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  

Next I cut the "Merry Christmas" using Memory Box's Large Sentimental Merry Christmas (#99804).  I cut it twice with white cardstock and again with silver matte cardstock, then used Gina K. Connect glue to adhere all three layers together.

To assemble the card, I adhered a piece of silver matte cardstock to the front of an A2 card, then adhered the piece with the embossed snowflakes.  I attached the "back" snowdrift, then positioned and adhered the gnome, followed by the "front" snowdrift.  (I trimmed both of the snowdrifts until I had the right height.)  I adhered the sentiment and a few snowflake sequins.  I added a drop of Nuvo White Blizzard in the center of each snowflake.

These gnomes are so much fun and can be used for more than just Christmas.  Simon Says Stamp also has a stencil set (SSST121455) you can use to create gnomes or use with the dies.  

Products Used:
Simon Says Stamp Gnome Dies
SSD112101, SSD112037
The Greetery Frosty Flakes Stencil
The Greetery Drifting Die
Nuvo Glimmer Embossing Paste
Magenta Merry Christmas (07.779.G)
Memory Box Sentimental Merry Christmas (99804)
Gina K Connect Glue
Copic Markers
Distress Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam