Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Merry Christmas



Merry Christmas!  My card today is part of a Magenta post from all the Design Team members.  You can check out all their beautiful Christmas cards here.  Magenta will also be doing a group post for New Year’s Day.

I love the “Penguin’s Gift” stamp.  I came across this one a few days ago while going through a box of stamps.  It’s one of my favorite Christmas stamps so I decided to share it with you today.  I bought this one so long ago that it was mounted on wood.  My first order of business was to remove the stamp from the wood block so I could use my MISTI.

I stamped the penguin in VersaFine Smokey Gray ink on white cardstock that was cut to 2 ¼” x 3 3/8”.  I also stamped the penguin again on a piece of scrap cardstock.  
I used Prismacolor pencils to color the penguin.  I also used a light gray pencil to add just a bit of “ground”, so it looks like the penguin is standing on something, rather than floating in the air - I did that after I took this picture but you can see it on the final card.  😊  Next, I colored the gift on the piece stamped on scrap paper.    I added some extra detail on the gift then went over the lines with a clear sparkly gel pen. (I’ve listed the Prismacolor pencils I used below.)  I cut out the gift and put foam tape on the back.

I returned the cardstock to my MISTI and stamped again with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock that was cut to 2 ¼” x 3 3/8” using VersaFine Smokey Gray ink.  After it dried, I stamped again with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I made a mask for my penguin and placed it over the top of the stamped image.  

Using blending brushes I lightly applied Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet Distress inks to both images.  
The blending brushes make it easy to apply a very light amount of ink. 

To finish up the card, I removed the mask from the penguin and adhered the gift I had cut out over the top of the gift on the stamped image.  Next I mounted both images on a piece of So Silk Fashion Purple cardstock.  I adhered a piece of glittering cardstock to the front of an A2 card, then adhered both images to the card.  I used a T-ruler to line up both pieces.  I added a few sequins and then put a drop of Nuvo White Blizzard drops on the center of each sequin. 

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Be sure to check back on January 1st for another card.  Merry Christmas!


Magenta Products Used:
Penguin's Gift 37.195.I


Other Products Used:
VersaMark Ink
VersaFine Smokey Gray Ink
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet)
Prismacolor Pencils (PC1024 Slate Blue; PC1054 Warm Grey 50%; PC1001 Cool Grey 50%; PC936 Slate Grey; PC909 Grass Green; PC908 Dark Green; PC901 Blue Indigo; PC924 Crimson Red; PC921 Pale Vermillion; PC917 Orange)


2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam