Friday, December 6, 2019

Super Saturday with Pam – Wishing you Peace Love Joy


Welcome back to Super Saturday.  For today’s card I used the beautiful Flower Mandala Background.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.

I centered the stamp over a piece of 100# black cardstock in my stamp positioner.  I used my powder tool very liberally all over the cardstock to prevent any stray bits of embossing powder from sticking in the background area.  I stamped the image using VersaMark ink then covered the image with gold embossing powder.  Before heat setting, I used a small paint brush to remove a few stray bits of embossing powder.
I used Gansai Tambi Gem Colors and Fine Tec Pearlescent metallic watercolor paints to fill in the images.  For each set I have made a color swatch for each color on a strip of black watercolor paper which helps me select the colors for my projects.  
Since I used cardstock rather than watercolor paper, I didn’t use very much water with the paints.  I put the cardstock on a Make Art Stay-Tion and held it in place with the magnets.  I used a shade of green for the center of the mandalas and a shade of blue green for the outer section of the manadalas.

After the paint was dry, I cut down the image to 4” x 5 ¼”.  Next, I centered the sentiment at the bottom of the image, stamped with VersaMark and embossed with gold embossing powder.  To add a bit of sparkle, I sprayed the image with Tsukineko Shimmer Spritz. To finish up the card, I adhered the image to a 4 ¼”x5 ½” piece of gold foil cardstock and then to the front of an A2 card.
I did a second card front using a shade of red and a shade of pink. I also think this would make a great card for other occasions such as birthdays and thinking of you cards.

Wishing you a joyous holiday season.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.  
Magenta Products Used
0772.R Flower Mandala Background

07.1019.F Wishing You Peace Love Joy
Other Products Used
Fine Tec Pearlescent Colours
Gansai Tambi Gem Watercolors
Gina K Black Onyx 100# cardstock
Wendy Vecchi Make Art Stay-Tion


2 comments:

  1. your card design is stunningly beautiful! looks like another Magenta purchase is in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Pam! Time to get out my metallic watercolors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam