Friday, May 1, 2020

Magenta Super Saturday - Bluebird of Happiness


Welcome back to Magenta Super Saturday.  I hope you are all healthy and staying safe.   

I love the new “Warbler Spring” stamp from Magenta’s new collection. It just feels so happy and we can all use some happy right now.  You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.
To create this card, I started by taping two pieces of white, 140# hot press watercolor paper to a board. I applied water to the entire surface with a large brush then added a bit of Viridian and Turquoise Blue watercolor paint from my new Elizabeth Craft watercolor set (I absolutely love these new watercolors!)  I wanted the color to be very subtle, so I moved it around on the paper until I was happy with the intensity.  
On one piece I tried to keep the center lighter since that is where the bird would be stamped.
When the paper was dry, I put the piece with the lighter center in my stamp positioner and stamped the bird image using Hero Arts Soft Granite ink.  I colored the image with colored pencils. The hot press watercolor paper has a very smooth texture, so the coloring was very easy. I used my anti-static powder tool all over the image then returned the piece to my stamp positioner.  I re-stamped with VersaMark ink then embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut out the bird image with the 4 ¼” oval die from the Hero Arts Nested Oval die set then used the 4 3/8” die from the same set to cut a second oval from a piece Glamour Green So Silk cardstock.
I cut the second piece of watercolor paper to 4” x 5 ¼” then used a ruler to determine the center of the card and marked the center with a pencil.  I used the pencil mark as a reference point for the leaf stamp by aligning the stem of the acacia leaf with the pencil mark.  I stamped with VersaMark ink repeatedly around the card.  
After stamping the image a few times, I embossed with Ranger Verdigris embossing powder, then stamped a few more times and embossed again until I worked my way all around the card.  

When I finished the embossing, I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to color the leaves but ultimately decided to just lightly color them. 
I adhered the leaf piece to the front of an A2 card. Next, I adhered the two ovals together and before assembling I adhered an oval piece of fun foam to the back for a bit of dimension, then adhered to the top of the leaf piece.  I added a few light-colored sequins to reflect the light.
Thanks for visiting the blog today. Be sure to check out Magenta’s most recent release. You can see all the beautiful new stamps here and all the great stencils and masks here.

Magenta Products Used
40.348.N - Spring Warbler

0818.J - Acacia Branch Small
Other Products Used
Elizabeth Craft Watercolors
Ranger Verdigris Embossing Powder
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink
Hero Arts Soft Granite Dye Ink
Prismacolor Pencils
So Silk Cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam