Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hope


Welcome back to Magenta Super Saturday.  I hope you are all healthy and staying safe.  

In my card today I have used several stamps from Magenta’s newest release.  The sentiment stamp is an older one but I have always loved its message of hope and really think we can all use this message during these uncertain times.  You can also see my card over on the Magenta blog here.

For the card layout I wanted to arrange several images in a grouping, so I began by putting a piece of scrap paper in my stamp positioner.  I arranged the stamps and then stamped on the scrap paper to make sure I liked the arrangement.  Then I rearranged the stamps to cover the rest of the area.  I tried several different arrangements until I was happy with the pattern.  
  
Next, I put a piece of white cardstock in my stamp positioner and put the final scrap paper version on top.
I arranged the stamps for the first stamping using the scrap paper as a pattern. I removed the scrap paper and stamped a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock with VersaFine Olympia Green ink.  
I colored the images with Prismacolor pencils then returned the cardstock to my stamp positioner.  I restamped with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder. 
When the embossed image had cooled, I returned it to my stamp positioner, put the scrap paper back on top, then arranged the stamps over the other section.  I followed the same process – ink, color, re-stamp and emboss over the second section. I adhered the panel to the front of an A2 card.
I splattered watercolor paints on another piece of white cardstock and let it dry.  Then I cut two strips - one to 5/8" x 5 1/2" and the other to 1 1/2" x 5 1/2". I stamped the sentiment on the larger piece with VersaFine Black Onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  
Next, I cut two strips of So Silk Beauty Pink cardstock.  One measured 3/4" x 5 1/2" and the second piece measured 1 5/8" x 5 1/2".  I adhered the smaller strip along the top of the card and the wider strip across the bottom of the card.  I adhered the white strips on top of the pink strips so that just the edge of the pink along the stamped images showed.
These stamps are just a few of the beautiful new stamps you can find in Magenta’s newest release.  You can see all the new stamps here and the new stencils and masks here.  Thanks for visiting my blog today. 
Magenta Products Used:
0814.G - Daisy Star Small

0816.G - Daisy Painted Small

0818.J Acacia Branch Small

0821.E - English Garden

07.513.I - Hope

Other Products Used:
VersaFine (Olympia Green, Onyx Black)
VersaMark
Judikins Clear Embossing Powder
Prismacolor Pencils
So Silk Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Love your colors and the arrangement so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam