Friday, June 18, 2021

Christmas in June

Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday.  I’m trying to get a head start on my Christmas cards.  Today I’m using a panel that I created in a previous blog post.  You can also see my card on the Magenta Blog here

In my previous post, which you can see here, I created a card using alcohol inks and alcohol lift ink. 
I covered a piece of Dura-Lar acetate with alcohol inks, then used alcohol lift ink to stamp and lift the ink from the acetate panel. 
I then stamped the image onto a piece of white cardstock.  That’s the piece I’m working with today. 
The rest of this card came together very quickly.  I trimmed the stamped image to 4” x 5 ¼”, then placed it in my stamp positioner to stamp the image with VersaFine Blue Lagoon ink. 
I used a blending brush to apply Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink around the outer edges.  To add a bit more interest, I splattered some Iuile Silver watercolor paint over the image.  I love the Iuile watercolors, and the silver paint really sparkles. I mounted the panel on a piece of dark blue cardstock and then mounted them onto an A2 card.  To finish I added clear rhinestones to the center of each “ornament”.  

This card was super simple, and very quick to make.  I wish you could see it in person because the silver paint and the rhinestones really make it sparkle.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Magenta Items Used:  


0768.P Mandala Ornaments

07.1024.H Wishing You a Merry Christmas

Other Items Used:

VersaFine Ink Blue Lagoon

Iuile Watercolors (Available on Etsy)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam