Friday, March 13, 2020

Layered Flowers


Welcome back to my blog and Magenta Super Saturday.  I’ve had to make several sympathy cards in the last month, so I thought I’d share this one with you today.  

I think any sentiment would work on this card and the technique is so much fun.  You color the flowers on one stamped image, then cut them out to adhere to a second stamped image. You can also see my card on the Magenta blog here.
To begin I used my MISTI to stamp the floral image.  I stamped it two times on pieces of 4” x 5 ¼” white cardstock.  Using a blender brush and some Distress Shaded Lilac ink, I lightly blended color over the flowers on both pieces.  It’s okay to go outside the lines on the one that will be your finished image as it adds some shading on the card, just use a light hand.  Next, I used colored pencils to color the flowers on the one piece.  On the other piece I used colored pencils on the leaves and berries.  I returned both pieces to my MISTI and restamped them with VersaMark ink, then embossed with white embossing powder. 
Next, I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment in with VersaFine Majestic Blue ink on the piece with the colored leaves.  I adhered the panel to a piece of dark blue cardstock, then adhered them to an A2 card.   Finally, I cut out the flowers I had colored and used a few foam dots to adhere them on top of the flowers on card front.  I added a few gems for an additional bit of interest. 
Thanks for visiting my blog today.   
Magenta Products Used:
02.316.P - Poinsettia Corner

07.928.I - With Sympathy
Other Products Used:
Prismacolor Pencils
VersaFine Ink (Onyx Black, Majestic Blue)
VersaMark
Judikins White Embossing powder
Distress Shaded Lilac Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam