Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Shaving Cream Background Papers

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I'm doing a special Wednesday post for Magenta today which you can also see here.

My grandson who will soon be twelve, recently took an on-line video editing class.  We started a YouTube channel called "Lady and the Stamp."  Isn't that a great name for a grandmother who loves to stamp?  We just posted our first video which features Magenta Nuance along with “Happy Birthday” and “Thank You” stamps. I've also seen this technique done with acrylic paints and ink refills, plus I think you could also use food coloring.  Magenta's Nuance colors are so versatile and there is such a wide variety of colors that I thought it would be fun to try it with this technique.  You can see the entire process in the video below.  If the video link doesn't work you can also see it here
You simply spray shaving cream onto a cookie sheet or other flat surface, sprinkle Nuance over the top, spritz with a bit of water and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then you run pieces of cardstock through the color to create a beautiful marbled effect on the paper. 
These papers make great background pieces.  It’s a very fun technique so I hope that you will give it a try and then let us know what you think.

Magenta Products Used: 

MNUC

07.975.I
07.978.N
Other Products Used
Neenah 110# Solar White Cardstock
Barbasol Shaving Cream
VersaFine Ink - Blue Lagoon
VersaMark Ink
Judikins Iridescent Sparkle Embossing Powder (for the Happy Birthday and small Thank you cards)
Brutus Monroe Gilded Embossing Powder (for the large Thank you Card)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. Please visit again soon.
Pam